T Visa for Victims of Trafficking

By some estimates up to 50,000 people per year are victims of human trafficking in the United States. Forms of trafficking can include sex trafficking such as forced prostitution or forced labor. Victims of trafficking can be women, children, or men.

For over 10 years the United States government has issued T visas to victims of trafficking who cooperate with law enforcement investigations and prosecutions of their traffickers. T visas are available to victims and their family members such as spouses, children, or parents if the victim is a minor.

A T visa is granted for a period of 4 years. After 3 years, the holder of a T visa may apply for residency (a green card). Eventually they can naturalize and become a United States citizen. T visa holders are eligible for social services similar to those extended to refugees in the United States.

If you or someone you know has been a victim of trafficking it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible. Your attorney can help you document your cooperation with law enforcement.

At Henson Pachuta, PLLC we have successfully received T visas for clients and their children. We can help you determine if a T visa may be available for you and your family. Call us today for a consultation: 703-822-4701.

Call Now Button